Wednesday, January 28, 2015

5 DIY Valentine's Day Projects [Video Tutorial is at the end of the post as always]

Heeeello everyone!




Sooo, long story short [I'm sorry, I tried but I couldn't make it short], I finished with my finals last Friday and I was literally dead, like phisical but mostly mental dead.When I finally get to put myself together it was Sunday morning and I spent the whole day filming (until 5 PM, then the sun goes down and it forced me to stop cos ain’t nobody got money for studio lights) and creating titles and pop up images with Photoshop. On Monday morning I ended up with the filming, went to class, came back home and I spent… let’s say, 6 hours creating more titles and more pop up with Photoshop and making the intro of the video with Adobe Premiere Pro. I’d been doing some research and I got to learn a couple of effects and so on, so I head to bed with just one minute of the video edited but having learned so much.

The following day aka Tuesday I woke up super early to edit some more while having breakfast. Then I got ready in a rush and went to class. Same story, came back home and editing until 6 PM, when I finally gets to export the video. This process takes AGES in my computer because it’s not meant for audiovisual purposes and it’s not nearly prepared. In fact, I have to do all my editing without watching what I’m doing, just guessing it, because my PC can barely cope with the videos of my Canon 1200D.

Whateeever, it's finally uploaded!




I’m sooooo in love with it. I feel bad for not having it uploaded by Sunday, but I think it was worth the way. Nobody is waiting impatiently for my videos anyway, but I take my YouTube channel as a job and for me it’s extremely hard not to be able of meeting my self-imposed deadlines. Anyway, I got to say I’m really proud of this one, maybe the content is not the best I’ve ever upload but the editing definitely is.

I happened to discover how to change the settings of the video to make colors brighter, image sharpened and video saturation higher and I think it changes everything, it all looks more colorful, bright and more appealing to the eye.



I also learned how to make the kaleidoscope effect and I’m absolutely in love. In fact, the header of this entry is a screenshot.

And I’m really excited to finally know how to make images move and fade in or out. It took me ages to find a tutorial about that, so thank you so much to the person who made it. Here you have it, in case anyone is interested.

IF YOU ARE NOT INTERESTED IN MY LIFE AT ALL, SAVE 5 MINUTES OF YOUR LIFE AND COME DIRECTLY HERE.


About the video… you have 5 DIY projects related to Valentine’s day. Here you have pic of each one of them:



I’m particularly in love with the jar and the heart pillow. I think they’re two of the most adorable things I’ve ever created.



What I particularly love about these is that they can be used all year around, because they’re girly and love-related but on the other side they’re just floral or pink stuff.

They’re also kind of transition for my spring decoration, that it’s about to come! I got one moe video related to Valentine’s day (kinda) and then I already have three regarding spring; not only about décor but also about DIY jewelry and accessories. I’m also thinking about doing my fitness routine, now that Summer is closer (just 5 months away, SO CLOSE, haha).



And I’m going to shut up because if I don’t go now I can be writing until next year. See you next week!!